Wednesday, July 6, 2011

a promise

Galatians 5:9 Don't get tired of doing what is right. Don't get discouraged & give up, for we will reap a harvest of blessing at the appropriate time.

God gave me this verse as a promise a few years ago.

I was at staff prayer out at SportsTowne (the staff gets together for prayer at 8:30am for an hour each day).

I was just asking the Lord what to do about this person in my life. Our relationship wasn't good & I couldn't see how it could get better.

I was walking around the room listening out for some sort of word from Him. Inside my head I heard "read Galatians 6"

Being the uber-holy person that I am, I thought "what's Galatians 6 got to do with me & this person?!"

;-D LOL

Well, I went over & started to read Galatians 6.

Nothing...

...until I got to verse 9.

The words "don't get discouraged & give up" jumped off the page!

Then I read the whole verse.

Not only did it kick my butt & tell me to keep on keeping on, it contained the promise that if I did a "harvest of blessing" in that relationship would come "at the appropriate tme".

Now I wish I could tell you that that relationship has blossomed & grown into something that's just terrific & a mutual blessing.

It's still not what it should be.

Many times - well, a whole lot of times, if I'm truthful - I've wanted to just give up on this person.

But "don't get discouraged & give up" keeps popping into my head whenever I've read to throw in the towel. It has caused me to continue "doing what is right" with this person.

I've accepted the fact that "the appropriate time" for "a harvest of blessing" may not be until we both get to heaven.

But then, maybe I'll see it here.

But I'm not letting this person go - I have a promise for our relationship.


So?

Anybody out there have a similar person or situation like this?
   Someone you love but can't get them to connect with you.
    Something you care about but can't get it to sync?


Don't get tired of doing what is right.

Don't get discouraged & give up,


    for we will reap a harvest of blessing
                                                                  at the appropriate time.

No comments: