Sunday, July 17, 2011

something to hold on to

Hebrews 10:35 So do not throw away this confident trust in the Lord,
   no matter what happens.

Remember the great reward it brings you!

36 Patient endurance is what you need now,
   so that you will continue to do God's will.

Then you will receive all that He has promised.


Isaiah 41:9b For I have chosen you & will not throw you away.

10 Don't be afraid, for I am with you.

Do not be dismayed, for I am your God.

I will strengthen you.

I will help you.

I will uphold you with my victorious right hand.



If these are verses that resonate with you, write them down & carry them around in your billfold or purse. Put them in places where you'll bump into them. These are 2 of 5 passages I feel like God gave me for the days ahead. Some days, it's the only thing that keeps me going.

There is so much power in holding verses close to you. I couldn't have lived the last 4 years especially without the ones God gave me. Ask Him to give you verses to hold on to. Trust me, many times they will be the only thing that keeps us from going crazy (or crazier!) or losing hope completely.

And read the Bible every day. The smartest thing I've EVER done was starting to read the Bible every day.

And the dumbest thing I've EVER done was wait until I was 52 1/2 to do it!

No comments: