Friday, July 29, 2011

wait for it...

Proverbs 13:12 Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but when dreams come true, there is life & joy.

And what is the key to this whole "dreams come true" thing?

waiting...

And why is waiting so hard?

bc we're all 3 yr olds - "I want what I want, & I want it NOW!"

and we just don't really trust our Abba Father.

no, it's true - we just don't trust Him to come through.

now, before you think I'm being "holier than thou", Lynn & I have been in a significant, standing stock-still waiting period now for 10 months, with no end in site, yet.

waiting is hard - & it's our last names!

(please don't quote the "they that wait upon the Lord" verse for me - I think I'll hurt the next person who does.)

We live in an instant world, where waiting is looked down on.

"delayed gratification" is an unpracticed discipline.

Trust is another one.

Waiting & trust go hand in hand.

If God has given you a dream, He'll come through (remind me of this, will ya?).

we may not understand why things went in the chronology of the thing, but one day we will.

so, we wait.

we understand it if you are having a hard time with it.

we are, too - well, I am - Lynn seems to be handling it better than me

as we hear people say these days...

"wait for it..."

No comments: