Saturday, July 2, 2011

walking in the light

Proverbs 3:5 (The Message)

Trust God from the bottom of your heart;


   don't try to figure out everything on your own.


Listen for God's voice in everything you do,


   everywhere you go;


He's the One Who will keep you on track.



You have no idea how I've held on to this verse these last 10 months...

especially, "don't try to figure out everything on your own"


3 thing stuck out when I felt like God gave it to me in January, 2010 for the ahead:

Trust
Listen
...will keep you

Been tryin' to trust Him - what choice do I have?!


Been listening as hard as I ever have.

So far, He's kept me - not like I thought He would - but He has.


And prolly a gajillion times He's reminded me "don't try to figure out everything on your own"


these days, so much of my life doesn't figure compared to conventional wisdom.

but then, when has it? ;-)


Listen...

Trust...

(He) will keep you.

No comments: