Friday, July 22, 2011

throwaway

Isaiah 41:9b For I have chosen you & will not thrown you away.


How many of us have bee thrown away?

   by parents...

   by other family members...

   by friends...

   by people we counted on...

   by spouses...

   by children...

   by organizations...

   by our employer...

   by people...


I have sons & daughters, and others who are in my life, who  would describe themselves as a throwaway by more than one of those aforementioned groups...

They feel as if they are someone who is of so little value & consequence that they have simply been toss aside.

They would say they especially feel like throwaways with their dads...

      & sometimes their moms.


But God says to them - & to all of us - that He will not throw us away.

He goes on to say in verse 10 of Isaiah 41...

   Don't be afraid, for I am with you.
   Do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
   I will strengthen you.
   I will help you.
   I will uphold you with my victorious right hand.


Anyone need to hear that this morning besides me?

No comments: