Friday, October 28, 2011

following

Psalm 72
24 You will keep on guiding me with Your counsel,
     leading me to a glorious destiny.

25 Whom have I in heaven but You?

I desire You more than anything on earth.

26 My health may fail,

   & my spirit may grow weak;

        but God remains the strength of my heart,

   He is mine forever.



In the first 5 months of 2003, God brought a "restlessness" to my spirit. (I was on staff at Christ Chapel in Macon.)


This usually means that change is coming.

So I waited & kept my heart open to what & where he might lead.

To make a long story short, on the first Friday in May (5/5/03), I was at home. Lynn was off at a medical conference or something. Hannah was in her room, studying. I was reading Erwin MacManus' book, "Seizing Your Divine Moment".

And God started dropping into my head & heart that I was supposed to leave music ministry (after 30 years) & start serving in Christ Chapel's 20something ministry, called House of Grace.

The next morning I got up as usual to read & listen out for Him. Every day for 5 months He'd been bringing things up off the page to continue the restlessness, to challenge me to change, & to be committed enough to serve in whatever way He led.

So the day after I make one of the biggest shifts in my life, at His leading, I get up & read Psalm 72, which is all about this guy talking about how the wicked prosper.

I was not impressed.

I figured someone as super holy & sacrificial as I deserved a word of encouragement!


And then I got to verse 24...


Yeah...


I was pretty ashamed of my "super holy" pouting.


Now I find myself in another season, 8 yrs older, not sure if I'm much wiser.



Sometimes, regardless of whatever we're facing, we have to believe things like what we read in verses 24-26.


Sometimes, the true strength of our hope for what lies ahead, our trust in Him, & our servanthood with Him is truly most evident when we're clueless.

No comments: