Tuesday, October 18, 2011

hell

Matthew 13:47 the Kingdom of Heaven is like a fishing net that was thrown into the water and caught fish of every kind.

48 When the net was full, they dragged it up onto the shore, sat down, and sorted the good fish into crates, but threw the bad ones away.

49 That is the way it will be at the end of the world.
        The angels will come and separate the wicked people from the righteous,
        50 throwing the wicked into the fiery furnace,
         where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.


Maybe it's a sign I'm getting older, maybe not, but whenever I hear of the death of someone...

    someone like...
      Steve Jobs,
        Amy Winehouse,
           Dan Wheldon,
              or Elizabeth Taylor...

I wonder what they're doing right then & what would they say to us if they could.


I wonder if we really believe if the people who haven't accepted Jesus as their Savior will be separated from God for eternity?

I don't think so.

Or maybe we just don't think about it.

Judging from our day to day behavior, I think we don't believe it, &/or we don't think about it.

Just think about this - eternity is a VERY long time.

And there's tons of people all around us who are not gonna spent it with God.

Do we really believe that?

Really?


Or do we really, really think that somehow a person's goodness counts for something?


If we really do think there is only one way to assure we will be with God for all eternity, how then should we live?


One more thought...

Where would I be (or you) if the person(s) who encouraged me & led me by the hand into a saving relationship with God had been as wishy-washy as I am (or you are) about sharing the truth about Jesus & the life He offers?

No comments: