Friday, October 21, 2011

losing & finding

Matthew 6
24 Then Jesus said to his disciples,

"If any of you wants to be my follower, you must
      put aside your selfish ambition,
         shoulder your cross,
            and follow me.

25 If you try to keep your life for yourself, you will lose it.

But if you give up your life for Me, you will find true life.

26 And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul in the process?

Is anything worth more than your soul?


So much here...

"put aside your selfish ambition" - how many of us have selfish ambitions?
        Some that are disguised as "ministry goals"?

"if grasping something, we'll lose it; in letting go, we find what we long for" - how many times have we all seen this happen in our lives & in the lives of the people around us.

"getting everything, losing the most important" - I think of Steve Jobs today when I read this


I'm finding that the more we let go of our lives, the more God is able to express the dreams He dreamed for us a gajillion years ago.


Think about these verses today, will ya. I've lived long enough to know they speak the truth.

No comments: