Sunday, March 18, 2012

chock full

Sometimes a psalm or a chapter I'm reading just has a lot of good stuff in it. Here's what I saw this morning in Psalm 34...

Psalm 34
vs 2b ...let all who are discouraged take heart.


vs 4 I prayed to the Lord, & He answered me, freeing me from all my fears. 5 Those who look to Him for help will be radiant with joy; no shadow of shame will darken their faces.

vs 6 I cried out to the Lord in my suffering, & He heard me. He set me from from all my fears.

vs 8 Taste & see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who trust in Him!

vs 10 Even strong young lions sometimes go hungry, but those who trust in the Lord will never lack any good thing.

vs 14 Turn away from evil & do good. Work hard at living in peace with others.

vs 18 The Lord is close to the brokenhearted; He rescues those who are crushed in spirit.

vs 19 The righteous face many troubles, but the Lord rescues them from each & every one.

No comments: