Wednesday, March 28, 2012

words

The last couple of days have been kinda tough. Here's what He gave me this morning...

Isaiah 43:1 But now, O Jacob, listen to the LORD who created you.
  O Israel, the one who formed you says,
"Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you.
  I have called you by name; you are mine.

2 When you go through deep waters,
  I will be with you.

When you go through rivers of difficulty,
  you will not drown.

When you walk through the fire of oppression,
  you will not be burned up;
  the flames will not consume you.

3 For I am the LORD, your God,
  the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.

I gave Egypt as a ransom for your freedom;
  I gave Ethiopia and Seba in your place.
4 Others were given in exchange for you.
  I traded their lives for yours
because you are precious to me.
  You are honored, and I love you.

5 "Do not be afraid, for I am with you.


(still in Isaiah 43, in the verses preceding this,God talks about what He did to the countries who tried to attack Israel - then He said...)

18 "But forget all that—
  it is nothing compared to what I am going to do.
19 For I am about to do something new.
  See, I have already begun! Do you not see it?
I will make a pathway through the wilderness.
  I will create rivers in the dry wasteland.


Psalm 44:3 They did not conquer the land with their swords; it was not their own strength that gave the victory. It was by Your mighty power that they succeeded; it was because You favored them & smiled on them.

No comments: