Tuesday, March 6, 2012

keeping on

Philippians 3
9b I no longer count on my own goodness or my ability to obey God's law, but I trust Christ to save me. For God's way of making us right with himself depends on faith. 10 I want to know Christ and experience the mighty power that raised him from the dead.

We all trust in our own goodness to "get us in" or "make us worthy" of God's love & guidance, don't we?

But our :getting in" depends on 1 thing, & 1 thing only - depending on (read: faith) on Jesus to be enough to bridge the gap between us & God



13b Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead,14 I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us.

Paul was a murderer. He persecuted & killed many of the new Christians. And yet Jesus forgave him & used him in many ways that He did use anyone else.

So I guess then there's hope for you & me?

No comments: