Tuesday, March 20, 2012

vastness

In the summer of 2000 I worked as a music assistant at Camp Crestridge. It was during that summer the worship team, & the staff, awakened me to the world of contemporary Christian worship music. I've never been the same since. It became my worship music of choice - an amazingly hilarious thing considering my age at the time, & my age now.

One of the songs we did a lot from that summer used these words from Psalm 36.I can still hear the guitars, the sharp joyous sound of the djembe, & singular voices of the worship team & the staff, as they sang this psalm.

I'll be forever grateful for the new worship expression they lovingly drew me into that summer, & in which I've remained as joyously ever since.

Psalm 36
5 Your unfailing love, O LORD, is as vast as the heavens;

  your faithfulness reaches beyond the clouds.

6 Your righteousness is like the mighty mountains,

  your justice like the ocean depths.

You care for people and animals alike, O LORD.

7   How precious is your unfailing love, O God!

All humanity finds shelter

  in the shadow of your wings.

8 You feed them from the abundance of your own house,

  letting them drink from your river of delights.

9 For you are the fountain of life,

  the light by which we see.

No comments: