Sunday, March 25, 2012

who's in the waiting room

Isaiah 40:31
Those who wait on the Lord will find new strength.

They will fly high on wings like eagles.

They will run & not grow weary.

They will walk & not faint.


I can't tell you how many times this verse has been quoted glibly to be me in the last 19 months.

It's been interesting to note that those who are quickest to quote this verse are usually people who have never been in God's waiting room.  ;-)


Being that as it may, what's the crux of this verse?

I don't think it's about the things we're promised...
     new strength,
     flying high,
     running & not tiring,
     walking & being overcome by it.


I think the most important thing to remember is that God promises that He's there in the waiting with us, giving us freely what we need to make it through.


Boy, howdy! did I need to hear that this morning.

Maybe you too?

No comments: