Monday, December 30, 2013

favor

Psalm 127:1 Unless the Lord builds a house, the work of the builders is useless.

Unless the Lord protects a city, guarding it w/ sentries will do no good.



How many of us decide to be or do something & then tell God we need Him to bless it?

Well, maybe you haven't, but I have - far too many times.

Why don't we do the simpler thing - just say, God what would YOU like me to be or do?

We both know why...

   ...because that give God ALL the control & us none of it.

And we GOTTA have control.


The longer I live, the more I realize that it's all about favor - God's favor.

Unless God favors what we try to be or try to do, we're just spinning our wheels.


How do I know that?

How do you think?


Life's been a lot simpler, especially these last almost 14 years, since I've been doing that.


Now, has my life been safe, easy, or made sense all the time?

Well, no.

Would I go back to being & doing things like I used to?

Well, no.


But so much of the weight of responsibility is no longer on my shoulders.

All I have to do is be obedient.

(did I just say "all I have to do" HA! Like that's easy!!!)

All I have to do is be obedient.

Everything else is on God's shoulders - results, timing, opportunity, funding, wisdom, etc.,etc., etc.

Why?

Because this is HIS gig, not mine.

I'm just being or doing what He says to be or do, no matter what it looks like.

It can get pretty strange...

     remember that in Isaiah 20, God told Isaiah to strip naked, which he did - and Isaiah walked around naked FOR 3 YEARS!

(Gosh! I hope that's not on the list of things God gonna tell me to do! ;-)


Anyway, you get my drift.

We miss so much of the adventure God dreamed for us a gajillion years ago if we try to figure out what we should be & do.

Life gets much simpler when we just ask, "what would You have me be or do".

No comments: