Tuesday, December 31, 2013

favor 2.0

2 Corinthians 12:9

(God said to Paul...)

"My gracious favor is all you need.

"My power works best in your weakness."

So now I  (Paul) am glad to boast about my weaknesses,

     so that the power of Christ may work through me.


vs 10c For when I am weak, then I am strong.



Y'all have no idea how much I needed to read this this morning...

There's so much I'm facing, so much I'm trying to decipher, that I don't know how I'll navigate it.

And in that worrying & fretting, I get up & read this.

All I need is His favor.

When I'm weak, & know I'm weak, & acknowledge I'm weak, that's when I get out of the way & God is able to work, unencumbered by me trying to run the show, control things, & be so cotton-pickin' successful.

When I accept my weakness, my inability to make things happen, it makes me step aside & depend completely on Him.

And it's in that paradigm God is able to bring it all together, because I'm not in the way.


Maybe these verses spoke to you. Let me know if they did.

No comments: