Wednesday, December 18, 2013

know the truth

Psalm 119:29 Keep me from lying to myself;

  give me the privilege of knowing Your instructions.


30 I have chosen to be faithful;

  I have determined to live by your regulations.


31 I cling to Your laws.

  LORD, don't let me be put to shame!


32 I will pursue Your commands,

  for you expand my understanding.



"keep me from lying to myself"

how many of us lie to ourselves all the time?

how many of us  make ourselves think we're "all that, & a bag of chips" or we're "nothing anyone would ever want"?

how many of us whisper back to ourselves the bad stuff people say to us?

Stuff like...

     you'll never amount to anything.

     you're so stupid.

     you're nothing but a screw up.

     you're ugly.

     you're fat.

     you're an idiot.

     who's gonna ever love & want you?

     ____________________________ (you fill in the blank)



The only person who gets to define who we are is God.

And He doesn't lie.

And He takes GREAT delight in each & every one of us - no exceptions

Let's not lie to ourselves - let's listen to the truth as it comes from Him.

No comments: