Wednesday, December 4, 2013

prepares

  1 Corinthians 1

26 Remember, dear brothers and sisters,

        few of you were wise in the world's eyes or powerful or wealthy when God called you.

27 Instead, God chose things the world considers foolish in order to shame those who think they are wise.

And he chose things that are powerless to shame those who are powerful.

28 God chose things despised by the world,

        things counted as nothing at all,

     and used them to bring to nothing what the world considers important.

29 As a result, no one can ever boast in the presence of God.



  30 God has united you with Christ Jesus.

For our benefit God made him to be wisdom itself.

Christ made us right with God;

     he made us pure and holy,

     and he freed us from sin.

31 Therefore, as the Scriptures say,

        "If you want to boast, boast only about the LORD."



There's a saying that goes something like, "God sometimes doesn't call the prepared, but He always prepares the called."

There's been more than one time in my life that I thought what God was calling & leading my into (or sometimes dragging kicking & screaming into!) when I knew I was completely unprepared for.

But, to everyone's surprise - especially mine! - somehow He was actually able to work in me & through me.

I know what it's like to feel like "what the world considers foolish" because many times it felt a little foolish to be & do what He was leading me to be & do.

So what am I saying today?

Well, as I look ahead, I wonder how the path(s) He has me on will all work out. He's gonna have to provide the power, wisdom, wealth, & favor to be & do whatever it is He wants me to be & do as the years pass.

I've seen Him come through for others.

I've experienced Him coming through for me.

One things for sure - whatever I face ahead will be made possible only by HIS power, wisdom, wealth, & favor.


If that is true for me, that's true for you.

I don't know what kind of situation you're in right now.

But whatever your situation, remember this didn't come as a surprise to God.

The angel, Gabriel, didn't wake God up the other day & say,"Uhm, excuse me, God, but while you were asleep, ___________ (fill in your name) just ___________ (fill in what happened)."


Iow, God's got our backs - in the final analysis, He's all we got as backup.

Whatever happens, what ever comes up,

     the only One we can totally depend on is Him to give us the power to be & do what He wants us to be & do,

     plus the wisdom for it,

     the means for it,

     & the favor for it it all come out like He planned.



How do I know?

I'm livin' it right now.

No comments: