Sunday, June 27, 2010

sins

This morning I came to my regular Bible reading feeling pretty sinful.

Are you ever impressed with your own sinfulness? I have been lately.

In the sequential reading I do, I was supposed to read Jeremiah 51 (all about the fall of Babylon), Psalm 129 (all about being strong against your enemies), Acts 13 (Paul's 1st missionary journey).

Then, toward the end of Acts 13, here lies these 2 verses, underlined sometime in the past...

Acts 13:38
In this man Jesus there is forgiveness for all your sins.39 Everyone who believes in him is freed from all guilt & declared right with God

Mere coincidence?

I don't think so.

What are the chances of me reading exactly what I needed to hear this morning? Sure, the new testament is filled with thoughts exactly, or similarly, to what's said in these 2 verses. But why would I read these two verses this morning?

This is why I tell people ever & over to read the Bible EVERY day. God REALLY does speak through it.

It spoke to me this morning, again, in exactly the way I needed to be spoken to.

No comments: