Sunday, June 13, 2010

sending

John 20:21b As the Father has sent Me, so I send you

My Life Application Bible has this footnote about this verse...

"Jesus again identifies Himself with His Father. He told His disciples by whose authority He did His work. The He passed the job to His disciples of spreading the Good News of salvation around the world.
"Whatever God has asked you to do, remember...
1)Your authority comes from God,
2) Jesus has demonstrated by words & actions how to accomplish the job He has given you.
"As the Father sent Jesus, Jesus sends His followers...& you."

For some reason, I felt compelled to underline that verse on 4/8/07.

I was leaving the leadership of HOG for the 1st time, feeling like such a failure, so incompetent, & such a disappointment to so many.

It was soon after that that God started turning my heart toward downtown & all He has done through that.

And now, He's turning my heart toward our "next"

His call on our lives is never withdrawn. We are constantly "sent" to do His will, whether that is close by, or far away.

Our only responsibility is to get up & go.

No comments: