Friday, January 17, 2014

chapter 4 stuff

Here's just some great stuff from Philippians 4.

Verse 6 & 7 were one passage God gave me for 2005. Ya know, I found out time & time again that what Paul says in those 2 verses REALLY IS true.

Why don't we REALLY believe this & put it into practice?

After experiencing 1980 & the winter/spring of 1981, as well as the winter of 2011 in Blairsville, I know in a fuller & different way the truth behind verses 11 & 19.

Verse 13 is one of the most naked truths of my life.

And verse 8 is all about controlling our thought lives.


Philippians 4

 6 Don't worry about anything;

      instead,

  pray about everything.

Tell God what you need,

     and thank him for all he has done.

7 Then you will experience God's peace,

      which exceeds anything we can understand.

His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.



19 And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches,

        which have been given to us in Christ Jesus.



11 I have learned how to get along happily whether I have much or little.



13 For I can do everything with the help of Christ, who gives me the strength I need.



8 And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing.

     Fix your thoughts on what is true,

    and honorable,

    and right,

    and pure,

    and lovely,

    and admirable.

Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.

No comments: