Thursday, January 30, 2014

trusting

I feel like someone needs this verse today (besides me, that is).

This isn't a verse that was a part of my reading. It was printed on a 3 x 5 card that someone gave me a few years ago that I use for a bookmark.

today I need to rely on the truth that is in this verse.

And whoever needs this today, He's speaking to you right now through it. I wouldn't have picked this verse today to write about if I hadn't felt prompted when I read the bookmark.

I know that all sounds pretty weird, but all I know is all I know.

I put the verse in a bunch of different translations. It's very interesting what part of the truth is highlighted in each different translation.

But let's not get away from the central thing here: we can trust God to take care of us.




2 Samuel 22:31

God’s way is perfect.
    All the Lord’s promises prove true.
    He is a shield for all who look to him for protection. (New Living Translation)


“As for God, his way is perfect:
    The Lord’s word is flawless;
    he shields all who take refuge in him. (New International Version)

This God - his way is perfect;
    the word of the Lord proves true;
    he is a shield for all those who take refuge in him. (English Standard Version)


What a God! His road
    stretches straight and smooth.
Every God-direction is road-tested.
    Everyone who runs toward him
Makes it.  (The Message)


As for God, His way is perfect; the word of the Lord is tried. He is a Shield to all those who trust and take refuge in Him. (Amplified)


As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the Lord is tried: he is a buckler to all them that trust in him. (King James Version) (dan note: a buckler is a small shield.)


This God—how perfect are his deeds,
    how dependable his words!
He is like a shield
    for all who seek his protection. (Good News Translation)


God’s way is perfect.
    The Lord’s promise always proves to be true.
    He protects those who trust in him. (Easy to Read Version)


God has made an upright way;
        the promise of the Eternal rings true;
        He stands and shields all who hide in Him. (The Voice)

No comments: