Thursday, January 23, 2014

waiting

The Lord still waits for you to come to Him so He can show you His love & compassion.

For the Lord is a faithful God.

Blessed are those who wait for Him to help them.

Isaiah 30:18



When I read this verse this morning, I particularly thought of one of my sons this morning who is waiting for the Lord to come through on some stuff.

He must really be my son, because he doesn't like waiting any more than I do.

I hate to wait.

Yeah, yeah, I know, I know, it's my last name.

But I don't.

I sometimes think that even I'm chronologically 63, I act more like someone who's 3.

I want what I want when I want it, & I want it NOW!

I was talking to this son the other day about waiting. I told him that I was 32 when I got married.

Iow, I was single for 9 years after I graduated from college.

Now, since y'all know I am SO holy, wise, surrendered, & magnificently laid back, I passed through those years of singleness in a manner that was an inspiration & example for all.


NOT!!!


But, as I told my son, was the wait worth it?

Well, look at who God gave me to marry.

Yeah... uber-glad (thankful & blessed) that I waited on Him.


But ya know what?

Lynn & I were simply not gonna meet until January of 1980 because she wasn't gonna come back from Kenya until January, 1980.


Right now, I'm waiting for God to lead me into something I'm feeling drawn into.

I'm waiting on Him to say "take the next step" & lead me into that next step.

How will I know?

Well, this ain't my first rodeo.

When it's time to take the next step, He'll let me know.

And trust me, God is short on subtlety.


So?

If you're waiting on something w/ God, just continue to wait.

Yeah,I know it's hard.

Yeah, I know you wanted it yesterday.

But just wait.

"For the Lord is a faithful God."


(Someone remind meof this the next time I get my whine on about something I wish He'd make happen?)

No comments: