Wednesday, January 29, 2014

hangin' on

The other day someone told me they thought I was mature & wise.

I wanted to laugh out - you know, one of those big ol' donkey laughs.

I thought I wonder if they'd say that if they could spend 10 minutes inside my head.

It's not pretty inside of there.

Contrary to popular belief, there is a lot going on inside my head - it's just not mature, wise, well put together, or something that's very well organized or efficient.

Sometimes, I'm just hangin' on.

Sometimes it feels like I'm just blindly putting one foot in front of the other.

And when someone tells me how much they get out of these notes I write every day, it helps me believe that the age of miracles hasn't passed!

I'm NOT trying to be deep, mature,wise, or whatever else others may think.

I'm literally writing what I read & what comes to mind.

It's crazy to think I'm trying to be something - most of the time I'm just hanging on.

So,I hope as you read this that you realize that these missives are just what I see & hear - if they speak to you, it is because God decides to favor it & the Holy Spirit decides to speak through my feeble words.

Not bein' falsely modest right now - just bein' real.

This morning, I'm just hangin' on - hangin' on to these 4 passages - just hangin' on...

I hope these 4 passages can give you some hope, or encouragement, or whatever you're needing today.

Some days, like today, they keep me from going crazy.

(I know,I know - I heard all of you whole just thought "crazy?! you mean CRAZIER, don't ya?!!!)



Hebrews 10

35 Don't throw away this confident trust in the Lord,

        no matter what happens.

Remember the great reward it brings you!

36 Patient endurance is what you nee now,

        so you will continue to do God's will.

Then you will receive all that He has promised.


Hebrews 12

12 So take a new grip with your tired hands,

        & stand firm on your shakey legs.

13 Mark out a straight path for your feet.

Then those who follow you,

        though they are weak & lame,

     will not stumble & fall but will become strong.


Ephesians 3

20 By His mighty power at work within us,

         He is able to accomplish infinitely more than we would ever dare to ask or hope.


Psalm 125

1 Those who trust in the Lord are as secure as Mount Zion;

        they will not be defeated, but will endure forever.

No comments: