Saturday, January 4, 2014

verses fat with meaning

This speaks to me in so many ways & at so many levels.

Read it slowly & see what God has to say to you through it...



John 15
1 "I am the true grapevine,

        and my Father is the gardener.

2 He cuts off every branch of mine that doesn't produce fruit,

     and he prunes the branches that do bear fruit so they will produce even more.

3 You have already been pruned and purified by the message I have given you.

4 Remain in me,

     and I will remain in you.

For a branch cannot produce fruit if it is severed from the vine,

     and you cannot be fruitful unless you remain in me.



  5 "Yes, I am the vine;

        you are the branches.

Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit.

For apart from me you can do nothing.


6 Anyone who does not remain in me is thrown away like a useless branch and withers.

     Such branches are gathered into a pile to be burned.

7 But if you remain in me and my words remain in you, you may ask for anything you want, and it will be granted!

8 When you produce much fruit, you are my true disciples.

     This brings great glory to my Father.



  9 "I have loved you even as the Father has loved me.

        Remain in my love.

10 When you obey my commandments, you remain in my love, just as I obey my Father's commandments and remain in his love.

11 I have told you these things so that you will be filled with my joy.

        Yes, your joy will overflow!


12 This is my commandment:

        Love each other in the same way I have loved you.

13 There is no greater love than to lay down one's life for one's friends.


        14 You are my friends if you do what I command.


15 I no longer call you slaves,

        because a master doesn't confide in his slaves.

Now you are my friends, since I have told you everything the Father told me.


16 You didn't choose me.

        I chose you.

        I appointed you to go and produce lasting fruit,

            so that the Father will give you whatever you ask for, using my name.



17 This is my command:

        Love each other.

No comments: