Friday, May 30, 2014

clinging 2.0

If you cling to your life,

     you will lose it;

but if you give it up for Me,

     you will find it.

Jesus speaking in Matthew 10:39



Don't cling to your life.

That's what God whispered to me over & over & over in 2008.

This morning, I thought about one other thing about this verse that I didn't remember yesterday morning...

2008 was the year God started talking to me about moving House of Grace (the 20something ministry I was a part of) from Christ Chapel out off Bass Rd to someplace downtown.

He also started talking to me about starting a satellite service of Christ Chapel on Sunday mornings downtown, too.

These were 2 HUGE things that I really didn't see how in the round world that was going to happen.

Well, it did.

We moved HOG downtown January, 2009.

We started the satellite congregation in the summer of 2009.

But it also meant physically leaving the building that housed Christ Chapel & basing operations somewhere else.

It meant leaving behind a safe environment & starting something new that had never been tried before.

My life was pretty snug at that time, pretty safe, & comfortable.

What God was compelling me to be & do was none of those things.

Each time I started thinking about what I was leaving behind, God would gently whisper, "don't cling to your life"

So, I would let go of the comfortable of my life a little more.



To say that our days downtown in The Warehouse were halcyon is a bit of a gross understatement...

     they were days I'll always remember & cherish as wild days of experiencing His favor.



And then, in a step of unimaginable faith for me, in September, 2010, we moved to Blairsville.

And God is still gently whispering to me, "don't cling to your life"



He continues to gently compel me to let go of the life I've had & move into the reality of the life I now have.

I continue to be His servant.

And as a servant, I serve.

I am & do what I am led to be & do.

And I embrace where & what life with Him & His leading takes me.


Lots of times these days, it doesn't make sense.

But I know one thing - I'd rather be here, serving Him in ways that don't always make sense, than not be.


There is no greater peace or sustaining grace than to be & do what He wants me to be & do.


So, I say to any of you who are where I've been, or where I am now...

     don't cling to your life...

     be & do what He wants you to be & do.

No comments: