Thursday, May 15, 2014

what was He thinking?

Right before Jesus was arrested & the whole sequence of events that led to His murder, He was in the Garden of Gethsemane, praying.

A big chunk of His is recorded in John 17.

He knows what's ahead of Him.

And in this prayer He prays this...



I am praying not only for these disciples

     but for all who will ever believe in me

     because of their testimony.

My prayer for all of them is that they will be one,

     just as You & I are one, Father,

     that just as You are in Me & I am in You,

     so they will be in us,

     & the world will believe You sent Me.

(John 17:20-21)



In what must have been a pretty terrible moment in His life, Jesus, God incarnate, was praying for all of us who were going to believe in Him.

That's you...

     ...& me.



Think about that as you move about your day.

No comments: