Saturday, May 31, 2014

Matthew 11

28 Then Jesus said,

   "Come to Me,

       all of you who are weary

       and carry heavy burdens,

   and I will give you rest.

29 Take my yoke upon you.

Let me teach you,

     because I am humble

     and gentle at heart,

  and you will find rest for your souls.

30 For my yoke is easy to bear,

      and the burden I give you is light."




How many of us need a place & a person to whom we can go & find some sanity in our life,

   or rest from the stresses that run us crazy,

   or refuge from the people who haunt us,

   or relief from the abuses from others or from ourselves,

   or the unrelenting pain of living,

   or the craziness of our lives,

   or the cluelessness of our life's direction

   or whatever drags at us, holds us down, or wears us out?


To all of that, & the infinity of whatever else we can think of, Jesus says 3 simple words...

   3 words not spoken by any other diety in any other religion...

   3 words that changed the whole of the relationship concept of & to God...

   3 words...


Come to Me.

No comments: