Thursday, May 8, 2014

giving up

So don't get tired of doing what is good.

Don't get discouraged & give up,

     for we will reap a harvest of blessing

     at the appropriate time.

Galatians 6:9



Anybody ever get sick & tired, or bone weary, of being & doing something,

     or dealing with someone,

     or facing a seemingly impossible situation,

     or just "keeping on keeping on"?


I feel like God has given me this verse especially for some of my relationships.

When I remember the first time He poked me with this verse, the words, "don't get discouraged & give up" really stood out.

     You have no idea how many times I've wanted to give up on these people.

     In more than one instance, I was ready to just give up on them, turn loose of them, & let them go.

     And once again God reminds me - don't give up.


And then, "don't get tired of doing what is good"

     I was SO tired of dealing with these people.

     it was like banging my head against the wall.

     nothing seemed to impact them.

     nothing seems to be happening with one of them, while there may be the smallest of changes in others.


And then "reap a harvest of blessing, at the appropriate time" stood out.

     iow, something will happen, sometime.

     I've accepted the fact that some of the things I hope for with these people won't happen until we get to heaven.
  
     That may be my "appropriate time".



I don't know what you're facing today.

But whatever it is, all I know is was it says in this verse.

     don't give up...

     the results of our keeping on will show up.

No comments: