Thursday, May 29, 2014

clinging

if you cling to you life, you will lose it; but if you give it up for Me, you will find it. Matthew 10:39



don't cling to your life.

if we keep the life we have, or get the life we think we need or want, the God can give us the life He dreamed for us a gajillion years ago.

how many times have I said that sentence?

how many people have a seen decide to let go of their lives & completely trust God with their lives?

I've seen a few do that.

I've been trying to do that in deeper & deeper ways since especially 2008.

It's been crazy sometimes.

It's been hard sometimes.

A lot of people (most) haven't understood.

But I guess it all comes down to trust - do I trust God with my life, or don't I?

I choose to not just operate outside the box of my (& others) preconceived ideas about what my life should look like.

I choose to throw away my box altogether...

     ...and trust myself, & my life, to the God of the universes.


Because this verse has a promise...

If we trust Him with our lives, if we don't cling to our small, finite concept(s) of what our life should look like, then God is freed up to express Himself through our lives.

And that makes things pretty unpredictable - because God is very creative.

No comments: