Thursday, January 1, 2015

2015 verses

Each year, since 2003, I've asked God to give me a scripture to hold on to throughout the year.

Some years, there's been 3 or 4 passages.

Some years it's been just 1 verse.

Although there seems to be some secondary passages this year, as well as some hold overs from last year, I have this feeling that this is the main thing for 2015.

We'll see how it all shakes out - & trust me, it always does.



Don't worry about  anything;

     instead, pray about everything.

Tell God what you need,

     & thank Him for all He has done.

If you do this, you will experience God's peace,

     which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand.

His peace will guard your hearts & minds

     as you live in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4:6-7



It's going to be interesting how that relates to this year & all I'll face along the way.

I try to not second guess what it can mean.

God is VERY creative.

Ya just never know what may happen.

There's some interesting things about those 2 verses.

Obviously, this may be a year when God works on  the worrying I expend a lot of energy on.

But there's undertones of trust, peace, & God's keeping power.

It's going to be interesting to see how these verses will speak this year.

No comments: