Thursday, January 22, 2015

people

John 2

23 Because of the miraculous signs Jesus did in Jerusalem at the Passover celebration, many began to trust in him.


24 But Jesus didn't trust them,

        because he knew human nature.

25 No one needed to tell him what people are really like.



Yeah, I bet Jesus knew what people were really like.

He being God meant He knew all about them, their past, their present , & their future.

He saw everyone's big picture - the whole entirety of everyone's life.

He knew what each was capable of.

So does this mean that we shouldn't trust people?

What I think may be the basic truth here is that we, like Jesus, should only completely trust one person,

     & that is God Himself.

Because, in the final analysis, God is the only One who is completely trustworthy, in every way, every time.

The only One who is going to always be & do the best is God Himself.

     People are flawed, sinful, & will fail to come through.

This doesn't mean that everyone is the scum of the earth.

What it does mean is that everyone - you & me - are imperfect,

     & imperfect people will sometimes be & do imperfect (read: sinful) things.

Does all this make sense? Sometimes when I write this stuff I wonder if what I'm thinking is what I'm saying / writing.

No comments: