Monday, January 26, 2015

faithful

Be strong & courageous!

Don't be afraid of them!

The Lord your God will go ahead of you.

He will neither fail you or forsake you.

Deuteronomy 31:6



Do not be afraid or discouraged,

     for the Lord is the One who goes before you.

He will be with you;

     He will neither fail you nor forsake you.

Deuteronomy 31:8



I will never leave you nor forsake you.

Hebrews 13:5b



In this life, is there anyone that we can REALLY depend on?


The first & second verses are Moses speaking to the Hebrews as they were fixing to go into the Promised Land of Canaan,

     to conquer all the different groups of people,

     & make Canaan their homeland.

This was no small task.

But Moses tells them to no be afraid.

God will never leave them nor forsake them.

And He didn't.

The Hebrews conquered the people of Canaan & made it their homeland.



The verse from Hebrews is used by the author to tell the people to whom he was writing that they didn't need to be consumed with the love of money & the materialistic.

Hmmmmmm... don't need to love money or be materialistic...

Sounds like us & our world, today.

The author of Hebrews was saying that God's got our back,

     He's always gonna be with us.

     He's never gonna abandon us.



Hebrews 13:5b is my "life verse".

I really feel like God gave me those 8 words to hold on to, back when I was a freshman at Asbury University.

"I will never leave you nor forsake you."

It's interesting to know from where the author of Hebrews was quoting those words.


And do I feel like God ever left me since my freshman year at Asbury?

No.

Do I feel like God has ever been unfaithful?

Nope.

And as a result, have I be a living example of faith & trust in Him,

     never worrying about what's ahead,

     or how things are going to go?

Uhm...

well...

uhm...

No.

But I've kept going, I've kept moving forward with Him, & I keep stepping out.

Because over the decades, He's ALWAYS come through for me.

And He always will, no matter how much I worry, fret, mistrust, hesitate, or limp along.

I may not understand nor see the who, what, where, when, or (especially) how of how His care will be expressed.

But I know He will come through.

Because He has come through, over & over again, in the 4+ decades since He first dropped those 8 words into my head.

No comments: