Wednesday, January 7, 2015

keep on

Luke 11

9
And so I tell you,

keep on asking,

     and you will receive what you ask for.

Keep on seeking,

     and you will find.

Keep on knocking,

     and the door will be opened to you.


10 For everyone who asks,

     receives.

Everyone who seeks,

     finds.

And to everyone who knocks,

     the door will be opened.


For years, whenever  read these two verses, I seen more the things we get.

But in the last year or so, I've focused more on two words...

     keep on.


For some reason, that's what speaks to me...

     that God is saying the most important thing is to keep on,

     to continue moving forward,

     to not stand still,

     to not get discouraged & give up.


But how many of us besides me frequently think that quit looks good.

Nothing seems to be happening.

It feels like everything is an uphill battle.

It seems we've tried everything ans still nothing happens.

And that no matter how hard we try, or from .what angle we approach something, the end product is always the same frustrating result.

Besides, who'd notice if the thing(s) we're "keeping on" for ever came to fruition?


Yeah, sometimes quit looks REALLY good.


All we can do is be obedient. If God keeps saying "keep on" , what else is there to be & / or do?

Our problem is that we don't see the BIG picture. We only see what is right in front of us.

God sees what has happened, what is happening, & what will happen.

He sees the whole thing, all at once.

If He says keep on, then He must know the outcome.


So, I guess we have to trust Him.

That's what it's all about, isn't it?

Whether we trust Him, or not?

It's always about trust, isn't it?


Now, I'm not just trying to shoot a little sunshine in your life.

Right now, quit looks good with some stuff in my life.

But everything I read says keep on, trust Me, don't worry about it, I've got your back - & your front!


I know some of you reading this have stuff like that in your life, too.

I have no words of wisdom, no magic wand, no easy out.


All I can do is point you to these verses & just say, "keep on"...

     I'm doing the same, too.

No comments: