Thursday, May 21, 2015

1 word

Matthew 11

28 Then Jesus said,

     "Come to me,

          all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens,

     and I will give you rest.


29 Take my yoke upon you.

   Let me teach you,

        because I am humble and gentle at heart,

        and you will find rest for your souls.

30 For my yoke is easy to bear,

      and the burden I give you is light."



Jesus, Who is God, expressed something that no other supposed god had ever expressed to humankind.

He said...

     ...come.

Come to Me.


The God of the universes,

     all powerful,

     all knowing,

     all everything,

     the creator of countless universes,

     infinite,

     blindingly holy,

  says to each of us,

      who are infinitely smaller than a nano-speck in the cosmos,

      who are incredibly sinful,

      and infinitely selfish,

      immature,

      & stupid...

"Come to Me."


Oh, & 1 more thing...

     He promises we can find rest & relief with Him.



Think about that today...

No comments: