Tuesday, May 12, 2015

encouragement

These verses encouraged me.

Today & yesterday, there were verses about guarding what has been entrusted to me.

I wonder what is the specific thing that's been given me that I'm supposed to guard?

And there was another verse today that then said God would guard something in my life until His return.

The word guard has stood out in 3 verses.

I lived too long & see too much - I know that means something for me.

Maybe I should wait & see what is revealed about all this?

I'm not good at waiting (it's even my last name!), but that seems what I've been doing a lot of these last 5 years.

Maybe these verses can encourage you, or someone your know.




God has not given us a spirit of fear & timidity,

     but of power,

     love,

     & self-discipline.

2 Timothy 1:7



I know the One in whom  I trust,

     & I am sure,

     yes, persuaded,

     that He is able to guard what I have entrusted to Him

     until the day of His return.

2 Timothy 1:13b




With the help of the Holy Spirit who lives within us,

     carefully guard what has been entrusted to you.

2 Timothy 1:14

No comments: