Wednesday, May 6, 2015

read the Bible, every day, without fail

I remember a season in my life when God making me restless, a sure sign for me in my life that change is coming.

For about 4 months He spoke to me through the Bible as I got up early to read it & listen out for whatever He wanted to say.

     (yes,that was a shameless plug for getting up early & reading the Bible, every day, without fail! ;-) )

After a little over 4 months, it certainly seemed that one night in early May, He started dropping thoughts in my head as to what I was to be & do.

It was more than a bit scary, & I was sure I couldn't pull it off under my own steam.

     (a sure sign it was God's will!)

So I said yes to what it seemed God wanted me to be & do - I've NEVER regretted saying yes.

Now, for those previous 4 months God had just been making certain scriptures stand out what seemed like every single day, especially in the 4 - 6 weeks prior to that night in May.

So you can imagine my anticipation that next morning when I got up to read. I figured God was gonna just make something stupendous stand out in the chapters I supposed to read that morning.

I was slated to read Psalm 73 that morning.

Now I'll just tell ya that Psalm opens up with what at the time was a long rant about how the wicked seem to prosper.

I was not impressed.

After spending over 4 months of God pushing me (thru the Bible) to be willing to change, whatever that mean, I was something less than a little cranky being hit is with a rant by Asaph about how the wicked seem to prosper.

Well, let's be frank here - I was pretty pissed.


And then, I got to verse 24...

Here's what I read...


You will keep on guiding me with Your counsel,

     leading me to a glorious destiny.

Whom have I in heaven but You?

I desire you more than anything on earth.

MY health may fail,

      & my spirit may grow weak,

      but God remains the strength of my heart;

    He is mine forever.

Psalm 73:24-26



Yeah, I felt pretty stupid at that point.

You can imagine how bad I felt that I'd gotten all cranky & pissy that morning,

     & then God clearly seemed to say He will keep on guiding me.


I've carried those verses in my heart ever since.

Verses 24-26 is one of the passages I feel like God has given me for this year, 2015.


I've said it before, I'll say it again, & I'll keep on saying it...


Read the Bible, every day, without fail.

No comments: