Tuesday, August 4, 2015

judging

Romans 15

5
 May God, who gives this patience and encouragement, help you live in complete harmony with each other,

      as is fitting for followers of Christ Jesus.

6 Then all of you can join together with one voice,

      giving praise and glory to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
 
7
 Therefore, accept each other just as Christ has accepted you

      so that God will be given glory.


Oh my...

I don't think we're even in the same galaxy on this.

There's just too much judging of each other going on.

Is there anyone who's been around as long or longer than me that can shed some light on whether or not we seem to be far more judgemental than we used to be?

Is it just me, or did I just not notice back in the day how much we judged each other?

Have we always had set up all kinds of hoops for people to jump through before we accept them into our live, our circle of friends or influence, or in our churches?

If you grew up in the 50's or before, let me know what you think.


********


Romans 15

20
 My ambition has always been to preach the Good News where the name of Christ has never been heard,

      rather than where a church has already been started by someone else.


This is something I've always wanted to do - take the Gospel somewhere where people have never heard about Jesus before.

Don't know if I'll ever get to do that...

No comments: