Friday, August 21, 2015

our j.o.b.

Be on guard.

Stand true to what you believe.

Be courageous.

Be strong.

And everything you do must be done in love.

1 Corinthians 16:13-14



Paul is wrapping up his 1st letter to the people in the new church at Corinth.

You now how in that situation we try to cover a lot of stuff rather quickly?

That's what Paul is doing in chapter 16.


I was struck this morning with the part I underlined.

Over & over again these days, I'm struck with that fact that we as Christ followers aren't thought of as people who love.

We are thought of as a lot of things, mostly not good, but seldom are we characterized as people who are loving.


Didn't Jesus Himself say that we were to be known foremost as people who love others?


I've seen this quoted on Facebook a lot lately, but I think it applies - it may be an oversimplification - or maybe not.


"The Holy Spirit's job is to convict.

"It's Jesus' job to redeem.

"It's God the Father's job to judge.

"And it's our job to love."


I think it applies here.


Just a thought...

No comments: