Friday, January 1, 2010

enduring

Psalm 136 is a litany - a blessing from God is mentioned in each one of it's 26 verses...

...and then psalmist says, "His faithful love endures forever"

I've got a funny feeling about 2010. I don't know if it's for me personally, for my family (immediate - Lynn, Hannah, & me - or extended - plus all the 7 daughters & 43 sons), for our extended ministry downtown with HOG, SMG, etc., or if it extends further.

I really believe God spoke to me the other day when I read 1 Thessalonians 5:18 - No matter what happens, always be thankful, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.

In 2010 I think God's indicating to me that as we walk through whatever this year may hold, like the psalmist in Psalm 136, we're gonna need to remember "His faithful love endures forever"

And I feel like we need to hold on to the mandate, "No matter what happens, always be thankful..."

Don't know what 2010 holds. Don't know what it all may mean.

Do know "His faithful love endures forever."

Gonna hold on to "no matter what happens, always be thankful"

Happy New Year everyone. Thanks for reading these ramblings of mind. 2010's gonna be an adventure

No comments: