Saturday, January 16, 2010

where I'm reading

I finished Nehemiah this morning. What a slog through lists that was! And it just ends, after Nehemiah kicks a lot of butt about Israel's intermarrying. I wish I felt like I got something from this book. Oh well, maybe when the movie comes out...

Esther is next! Woot! Love, romance, intrigue!

Finished Psalms for the umpteenth time, too. As you may or may not know, me & Billy Graham read a psalm every day. Yep, that's right. I figure, if it's good enough for Billy, it's good enough for me. There's a richness about psalms that is incomprehensible unless you've read it consistently more than once. This was probably the 14th? time I've read it since January of 2003. (That's when I started reading the Bible EVERY day & listening out for what God may want to say to me)

And I'm in Hebrews. Wonder who wrote it? It seems Pauline in lilt & structure. Maybe Timothy? Maybe Paul? Oh well, truth is truth, no matter who it comes from.

If you haven't started reading the Bible EVERY day, without fail, start today.

The smartest thing I've ever done is start reading the BIble EVERY day.

The dumbest thing I've ever done is wait till I was 52 to start doing it.

Don't be dumb like me.

;-)

No comments: