Thursday, January 7, 2010

refuge

Psalm 142:4 I look for someone to come & help me,
but no one gives me a passing thought!
No one will help me;
no one care a bit what happens to me.
5 Then I pray to You, O Lord.
I say, "You are my place pf refuge.
You are all I really want in life."


It's interesting how God can use certain times in our lives.

I remember reading this passage when I was going through a really hard time. Life wasn't going like I wanted it to. I was in a lot of turmoil & anguish. And for some reason, no one around me picked up on my troubles.

God finally led me out of that very frustrating time. Things got worked out. Life went on.

I learned a valuable lesson through the experience - that in the final analysis, the only One I can truly depend on is God. People tend to be self-absorbed. They also sometimes just miss the cues we give them.

But God doesn't. He knows what we're thinking. He knows what we need when we need it. And He's always there, ready, & available.

Now, does this mean I've got trust issues (again!) with people?

Not really. I just cut people more slack - they're what they are - imperfect humans. Sometimes they're just not gonna be enough; they're gonna fail us.

God's always there, listening, guiding, & strengthening.

He's the only One we can truly depend on...

...as it should be.

No comments: