Sunday, January 3, 2010

something's up, folks

Here's some verses that came off the page this morning. I don't know what's up, but something's up.

Psalm 138:
2b I praise your name for your unfailing love and faithfulness;
for your promises are backed
by all the honor of your name. Here's
3 As soon as I pray, you answer me;
you encourage me by giving me strength.

6 Though the LORD is great, he cares for the humble,
but he keeps his distance from the proud.

7 Though I am surrounded by troubles,
you will protect me from the anger of my enemies.
You reach out your hand,
and the power of your right hand saves me.
8 The LORD will work out his plans for my life
for your faithful love, O LORD, endures forever.
Don't abandon me, for you made me.


2 Timothy 2: 1b ...be strong through the grace that God gives you in Christ Jesus

Here's what my Life Application Bible says about this verse...

"How can someone be strong with special favor? That 'special favor' refers to grace, God's undeserved favor on our behalf. Just as we are saved by God's special favor, we should live by it. This means trusting completely in Christ & His power, and not trying to live for Christ in our strength alone." (dan note: I did the living in my own strength part for decades - this is not something I recommend)

21 If you keep yourself pure, you will be a special utensil for honorable use. Your life will be clean, and you will be ready for the Master to use you for every good work.

22 Run from anything that stimulates youthful lusts. Instead, pursue righteous living, faithfulness, love, and peace. Enjoy the companionship of those who call on the Lord with pure hearts.


I'm not confused these days, I'm just kinda waiting to see how all the stuff God seems to be saying to me in scripture & whispering to me all comes together.

I don't know what it all means right now. But I do know something's up. I'm not necessarily worried about it (Thank You, God!), but I just kinda waiting for all the pieces of this puzzle to come together.

No comments: