Tuesday, December 28, 2010

5 words that chage everything

Exodus 3:11 But Moses protested to God, "Who am I to appear before Pharaoh? Who am I to lead the people of Israel out of Egypt?"
  
12a God answered, "I will be with you.

Who am I to....?

Who am I to talk to someone about Jesus?

Who am I to go on the World Race?

Who am I to go to Haiti?

Who am I to go to school after all this time?

Who am I to buy a house, move to Blairsville, w/ no job, not knowing anyone, & start all over?

Who am I to start a church?

Who am I to tell people close to me the secrets in my life that only You know?

Who am I to forgive my father for all he did & didn't do?

Who am I to say no?

Who am I to...?

You fill in the blank.

God told Moses to do something so fantastically incomprehensible that it was on the level of telling him to spread his arms & fly around the mountain.

And when Moses said what we'd all have said, and say every time God tells us to do something fantastically incomprehensible, God said 5 words that changed everything.

"I will be with you"

The God of the universes, who created everything there is, has always been & always will be, whose love permeates everything & everyone, who is capable of anything & is strong enough to be & do everything, said to Moses, and to us...

"I will be with you."

But most of us either believe that we're responsible for making whatever God wants to have happen happen, or we really don't believe He'll be with us.

That doesn't change the fact that He is.

I will be with YOU
I WILL BE with you.
I will be WITH you.

I will be with you.

That changes everything.

No comments: