Sunday, December 19, 2010

instructions

1 Peter 5:6 So humble yourselves under the mighty power of God, & in His good time, He will honor you. (dan note: I think I can do the humble yourself thing, but does anyone else besides me have a problem with the "in His time" part?)

7 Give all your cares & worries to God, for He cares about what happens to you. (dan note: did ya catch in that verse the word, "all"? Not "just some we'll give Him to handle," not "the ones we can't handle," - all  And does anyone have a hard time really conceptualizing that the God of the universes cares about the minutia of my life - me, a less than a nanospeck in the cosmos?)

8 Be careful! Watch out for attacks from the devil, your great enemy. (dan note: boy howdy!) He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for some victim to devour.

9 Take a firm stand against him, & be strong in your faith. (dan note: like do we have a choice?!)

Remember your Christian brothers & sisters all over the world are going through the same kind of suffering you are. (dan note: so, I'm not the only person in the world going through this? I know, I know - I'm really not the only one going through all this stuff, but I tend to be a little self-absorbed)

10b after you have suffered a little while, He will restore, support, & strengthen you, & He will place you on a firm foundation

Sometimes, I see all too clearly how fickle, weak, self-absorbed, & untrusting I am.

No comments: