Sunday, December 5, 2010

leader/servant

Psalm 110:2a The Lord will extend your powerful dominion from Jerusalem.

vs 3c your vigor will be renewed each day like the morning dew.

vs 5 The Lord stands at your right hand to protect you.

2 Corinthians 9:8 God will generously provide all you need. Then you will always have everything you need & plenty left over to share w/ others.

vs 10
For God is the One Who gives seed to the farmer & then read to eat. In the same way, He will give you many opportunities to do good, & He will produce a great harvest of generosity in you.


A really dear friend & sister said something to me yesterday during a chat on Facebook IM that the Lord reminded me of this morning.

In referring to a particular situation in her life, she said something like, "I try to stay positive, say what I see, & do what I can." (or something like that)

God seemed to poke me this morning with that statement of hers.

As Lynn & I walk through this season of our lives, there's a lot going on that seems crazy or a little unexplainable.

Instead of second guessing or trying to interpret it all, maybe I should be more like my sweet friend and "try to stay positive, say what I see, & do what I can".

Because, ultimately, I'm not in charge - God is. This whole Blairsville thing was His idea - do you really think I could have come up with all this?!
   Leave Macon,
   move to Blairsville,
   buy a farmhouse in the country,
   leave everything we've known for 30 years,
   go somewhere where no one knows us,
   start all over at our ages (early 60"s),
   and build a new life

I couldn't have come up with that!

So, He's the leader here - I'm the servant. He's the One who sees the BIG picture - I'm the one who does his part. If I do anything else, I'm usurping His leadership role & stepping out of my servant role.

(I hope this makes sense)

Anyway, & on top of that, He gives me these verses this morning.

I've got some stuff to think about today.

No comments: