Monday, December 6, 2010

do it

Hebrews 10:35 So do not throw away this confident trust in the Lord, no matter what happens. Remember the great reward it brings you!

36
Patient endurance is what you need now, so that you will continue to do God's will. Then you will receive all that He has promised.



God gave me 4 verses for 2010. I haven't heard from Him if they're supposed to change for 2011. I'll keep you posted.

I knew 2010 was going to be a doozie of a year since he gave me 4 verses.

Little did I know.

I got the 1st one on December 23, 2009. The the 2nd one came on January 18, 2010. The other 2 came on the next day, January 19, 2010.

They're 4 passages I've hung on to as I've passed through incredible change this year.

And I continue to hang on to them like a lifeline to God - every day, literally.

Where would I be if He hadn't given these passages to me?

Train wreck

I NEVER would have made it this far.

So?

I preach & harp & nag & say this next thing so many times that it must be INCREDIBLY irritating, but 1) it's true, & 2) I love you enough to risk your growing tired of hearing it.

Read the Bible every day.

God will speak to you through it.

He will mess with you through it.

He will wreck your life through it.

You'll find Him through it.

You'll find life through it.

The smartest thing I've ever done was to start reading the Bible every morning.

The dumbest thing I ever did was wait until I was 52 1/2 to start doing it.

Do it - start today.

No comments: