Friday, December 3, 2010

strong stuff

Psalm 108:13 With God's help, we will do mighty things, for He will trample down our foes.

Hebrews 10:35 So do not throw away this confident trust in the Lord, no matter what happens.

1 Thessalonians 5:18 No matter what happens, always be thankful; for this is God's will for you who belong to Chris Jesus.

Hebrews 10:36 Patient endurance is what you need now, so that you will continue to do God's will. Then you will receive all that He has promised.

Proverbs 3:5 Trust God from the bottom of your heart;
   don't try yo figure out everything on your own.
Listen to God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go.
   He's the One Who will keep you on track.


Pretty strong stuff, huh?

The 1st verse is the one that came off the page this morning.

The next 4 are the verses God gave me at the beginning of 2010 to hold on to during the year.

When He gave me these verses back then, I didn't have a clue what the next year would hold.

Little did I know...

I've held on to various parts of them at various times during the past year.

I'm holding on to each word & phrase these days of being & doing here in Blairsville.

I haven't gotten any new ones yet, so I don't know if these are supposed to spill over into 2011, or what. Last year, these verses didn't pop up until Dec 23, 2009, January 18, & then January 19. So, we'll see what comes along.

I kept the same verses for 2008 & 2009, so keeping these for 2011 would be unusual.

btw, pioneering is hard.

I never could have made it through this year without these verses to remind me of different things along the way.

If I'm to keep them, I'll need them for what's ahead.

Can I go ahead & say something for the gajillioneth time?

Read the Bible everyday.
   Just read sequentially - iow, start reading in 1 of the books & just read 1 chapter a day, one after the other.
   Read a Psalm (me & Billy Graham do ;-).
   Read in the New Testament.
   Read in the Old Testament.
Listen out for what God will say.

But trust me on this - if you do this, God is gonna mess with you.

But life won't be dull anymore.

No comments: